Wednesday 30 June 2010

Fly away to Malibu...

Well, it's been a long time to say the least. Life has been crazy busy, so I guess neglect of a blog was in order. Good news is that my 'busy break' was entirely musical.

On Sunday, I won my local music school's competition title for 'Musical Performer of the Year'. It took a load of hard work and dedication, but somehow I pulled it off! As a result, I will probably never listen to any Blondie ever again, as I have incredibly worn it out so much so to win the competition with some of the best Blondie songs known to mankind :)

To celebrate, I will post one of my favourite songs at the moment, and a song that will remain one of my favourite songs for eternity. Obviously being songs at LEAST 15 years old, for crying out loud. You didn't think anything different, did you?
From one of my personal favourite musical eras, I shall display. Riot grrrl is something I've been interested in for a while now, so when I hopefully get to write about in my Grade 6 onwards Pop Music Theory examinations, I'll post some of those thoughtful writings on here.


Next Post will be more thought-provoking... perhaps. But for now a break, and an insight into my mind.



Peace, Love, Empathy [...]






Bikini Kill's 'Rebel Girl'. This kicks ass.


And my favourite music video of all time, it has to be said. Why do I always keep looking it on YouTube, when I can have it here right on my own blog? Simple. Now convenient and lovely.
There is something undeniably beautiful about Courtney Love dancing, setting fire to palm trees and wearing a beautiful dress all at the same time. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment