Tuesday 23 November 2010

Gigging it up.

I'm going to Australia next year. Yes, seriously. I may be 15 years old, but fortunately by practically living in an arts school and maximizing the Music/Drama/Art output, I am one of 27 touring Australia next year with my school. We are setting off in 8 months for the experience for our lives.

We're very fortunate to have such an oppurtunity, I know, and also fortunately, we have some amazing musical talents in our tour party. Guys and Girls: Guitarists, Drummers, Singers, Bassists, Flutists, you name it, we've got it.

But as any band knows anyway, this doesn't come easy, or cheap, and for that fact, money doesn't grow on trees!

But that is something we our overcoming. This is the biggest team-building work we can do at such a tender age, and a gig on Friday concreted the fact that we can do this!!

The band that is made up of all team members are a band called King of the Desert. There's Linny, the rapper; Danny, the singer; Adam, the guitarist and occasional backing vocals and a marvelous Ginge (James) on drums.

I didn't need to hear much more than the stonking intro on Kanye West's "Goldigger". Danny launched into the "She take my money, when I'm in need..." and we were off. Some snare drum, and then everyone started seriously swaggering."Bonkers" by Dizzee Rascal was also up there with my favourites (every soul in the room sang along with no problem and 'bopped' to Linny's impeccable rapping skills, along with some nicely written material from the band "24 kisses"- an anthem for our generation in lurrrve. The power chord runs were simply awesome and made the crowd went wild several occasions. They sure know how to do the crowd pleasers. You can access some information here, on their myspace...


Another band incredibly worthy of a mention on the night was Jimmy Rockit. A local special, everyone knows them, and everyone is so impressed with their technicality and control of teir instruments at such a young age. Best ones of the night were undoubtedly : "Twist and Shout" (The Beatles)", "Radioactive" (Kings Of Leon), "Fake Tales of San Francisco" (Arctic Monkeys), "Mr Brightside" (The Killers), and another stonker of a classic, like the others: "I Bet That You Look Good on the Dancefloor", perfect for the night.


The Best Night I've had in a long time...
And after this, whadda say, maybe a trip to Portland, Oregon?

Visit both websites for more information on our trip of a lifetime, all through very very hard work. 8 months and counting!


riotgrrrlivesx
P.S I got a CD of the finest acts in the area, and am satisfied with my purchase. If you are local and know what I am talking about, don't be afraid to ask for one- they're £5- good value for the quality on there :D


No comments:

Post a Comment